Strategic & Tactical Communications
Coaching & Mentoring
Wendy Jones is a mindful, meticulous communications professional adept at helping individuals and organizations communicate with authenticity, purpose, and relevance while meeting goals of all parties.
Solid education and experience in business administration, corporate communications, writing, coaching, and teaching.
Summary of Strengths
- Senior Communications Strategist: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Create communications strategies and craft high quality content. Experience managing brands and developing a broad range of materials, such as marketing collateral, proposals, grants, executive correspondence, newsletters, web content, emails, blog posts, and social media.
- Team Leadership: Well-developed ability to supervise teams, prioritizing daily assignments, tasks, and projects according to business demands. Deadline driven, able to enforce project specifications and timelines.
- Project Oversight: Highly efficient with combination of communications, marketing, and coaching skills. Success working with leading brands, including the University of Denver, Baltimore County Public Schools, Boulder Valley Public Schools, Guggenheim Investments, Gerber Life, and Population Services International.
- Key Strengths:Talent for crafting clear communications that convey brand messaging. Accustomed to managing rapidly changing priorities and meeting deadlines. Adaptable to support various aspects of business operations, from marketing and branding to operations, coaching, and team leadership.
Masters in Business Administration, Johns Hopkins University, Rockville, MD
Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Additional Education:Coursework in grantwriting, political science, and human geography at the University of Colorado; certification as a Dragontree life coach—currently pursuing advanced coursework as a life coach.
Communications Strategist (6/2007 – Present), Wendy Jones Editorial Services, San Diego, CA
Develop integrated communications and marketing strategies for key clients. Accountable for writing, editing, and proofreading web and print communications, analyzing the quality of content, style, effectiveness, adherence to brand standards, and alignment with strategy. Manage creative projects, oversee editorial processes, and evaluate resources. Revise content for effectiveness and accuracy. Conduct extensive analysis on various topics and concepts, such as search engine optimization, web copy, marketing collateral, corporate communications, newsletters, emails, blog posts, and social media.
- Reduced reprint costs by 70% by developing and training staff in quality assurance practices that reduced errors.
- Designed and implemented streamlined processes, resulting in 30% increase in delivery times.
Life Coach (2018 – Current), Life1Point0, San Diego, CA
Work one-on-one with clients and facilitate small groups to help uncover ineffective patterns and limiting beliefs and to help clients live with authenticity and purpose.
Sole responsibility for:
- Creation of website (www.Life1Point0.com) on WordPress
- Creation of marketing and editorial calendars
- Writing all content for site (articles and poetry)
- Installing and managing reservation and scheduling systems
- Creating Facebook ads and email campaigns as well as additional marketing initiatives
- Managing social media
Communications Manager/ Senior Copywriter (2001 – 2007), Guggenheim Investments, Rockville, MD
Led and mentored copywriters and freelance writers. Managed internal and external communications. Developed communications strategies and created a brand. Wrote for executives. Monitored delivery of all written materials and ensured alignment with the corporate communications goals. Served as lead strategist for all brand-aligned sales and marketing initiatives, including composition and editing of collateral, press releases, and web communications. Designed a customized project management system.
- Directed production of an award-winning quarterly newsletter.
- Directed firm’s public service committee.
- Received department Innovation Award, the firm’s yearly Teamwork Awardand 40 peer recognition awards; nominated eight times forthe Associate of the Quarter Award.
Additional experience as Marketing Director, Grants Director, Member Relations Manager, Editorial Director, and Reporter.
Fluent in Mac and PC environments; Microsoft Office; WordPress; content management systems; Facebook; Instagram; LinkedIn; Twitter; Google Analytics; Google Adwords; SEO; Acuity; Mailchimp; Hootsuite; various project management systems.
- Literacy tutor
- Junior Achievement teacher
- Science in the garden teacher
- Part of canine/human volunteer team
- Marketing microvolunteer
Hobbies & Interests
- Making mixed-media greeting cards
- Writing poetry, essays, nonfiction, and fiction—wrote a novel that was optioned for film
- Watching documentaries
- Baking—made bread for a restaurant I co-owned